Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Manager "Meltdowns" #2 - MiLB Manager Joe Milulik of Asheville Tourists' Tirade vs Lexington Legends (2006)


 This will always be #1 to me. I could watch it over and over..



Minor League manager Joe Mikulik of the Asheville Tourists made national news, June 25, 2006 when his antics were  shown on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, ESPN's Pardon the Interruption, SportsCenter, and MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann. 


To me this is so funny because of the audio. It says it is the "full, unedited version" so the sound person for the Lexington Legends is also legendary.  

  
Sound clips from Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First", Jack Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth", and Tom Hanks' "There's no crying in baseball" and much more!
  
This is hilarious!

See video HERE

Concerning the incident, Mikulik made several unapologetic comments, including the claim that "I could get two mannequins at Sears and umpire better than what I saw this whole series.

That's the best one I have heard about crappy umpires...

As a result of his actions, Mikulik was given a seven-day suspension and $1,000 fine;

No comments:

Post a Comment