Friday, May 17, 2013

Vince Young: Graduating From College Beats Winning National Championship

Vince Young says that graduating today from the University of Texas will even top winning a National Championship. "This will rank No. 1 because it is what I came to school for," Young told CBSSports.com.  "I came here to get an education, and to win a national championship. And now, I get to put that smile on my mom's face", Young said.

What Young did is not the usual. "I've been doing this 31 years and guys (who leave college without their degrees) always say they'll come back, but he had more of a plan," said Brian Davis, UT's associate athletics director for Academic Services. "He (Young) said, 'My mom and I talked. This is important to me. This is important to her. I need to finish this part of my life sooner than later if we can.'

An NFL comeback may follow as well. Young says "I'm about to be the first in my family to graduate," he said. "Just finishing what I started. That's why I'm trying to get back in the NFL. To finish what I started. That is the type of guy I am. I do work hard -- even when the times are good or bad. That's just how I was raised.

I say "Big Congrats and Best of Luck" on your comeback, Vince!



See CBSSports' Bruce Feldman's entire article here:

 http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/22259780/vince-young-graduating-from-ut-even-tops-winning-a-national-title

No comments:

Post a Comment